Thursday, May 27, 2010

Best Weekend Ever!!!!

The last two months I have sat at home and in school, just waiting for May 23rd to get here! No it's not my birthday and no, it's not the last day of school. It was even bigger and better than both of those! It was the best weekend ever and I will never forget it!

Last Friday, me and my mom flew from Colorado (in first class!!) to Raleigh, North Carolina. My uncle picked us up at the airport and brought us back to his house. My aunt got home from work, my cousin came over and we ate pizza! It was a fun night! But the fun was just beginning.

On Saturday, my other Aunt flew in from Alabama and we all went out to Ted's Montana Grill and then went shopping! I am a girl so shopping is a lot of fun! But still, the fun wasn't even close to being over!

Sunday May 23, was the day that i will never forget. I couldn't sleep the night before so I was up early. I did my hair, ate breakfast and my aunt did my make-up. Me, my mom, and my both my aunts got in the car for the 2 and a half hour drive to Charlotte. The closer we got to Charlotte, the more nervous I got. I had so many butterflies in my stomach to the point that it hurt and my hands were ice cold. I was trying to text people to get my mind off of it but of course all my friends were still asleep since I was 2 hours ahead of them!

We finally arrived at Xtreme Ice Center, Owned and Operated by the Logano family. Can you guess what I did yet? Here is a picture and see if you can guess from that:



That's right, I MET JOEY LOGANO!!! Joey, who is my all time favorite NASCAR driver is standing right next to me in that picture!! Can you believe?! I know I couldn't. I still don't think that it has sunken in all the way that I actually met him! But it sure was the best day of my life! And I didn't just get to take a picture with him, I actually talked to him for like 5 min! :)

It was Joey's first annual fan club day and around 100 people showed up. We first got to ice skate with Joey, then a question and answer session and an autograph session. We even got to sing happy birthday to Joey who turned 20 the day after I met him! He is the nicest guy I have ever met! He talked to every single fan that was there. He even helped this little boy skate. His whole family was there and they were also really nice.

I am pretty sure that I didn't stop smiling until about 36 hours after I met him. And now the pictures I got with him are my background on my computer, phone, Ipod, and my profile pic on facebook. So every time I see one of the pics I smile again!



It was sad that the weekend ended but i have all the pictures to prove that I met him. I still feel like it's a dream that I met Joey but I know I actually did. I know for a fact that I will never forget that day!

P.S. Good luck in Charlotte this weekend Joey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment