Tuesday, October 13, 2009

2 Words... Holy Crap

Almost 3 weeks ago, I was on a plane, coming home from North Carolina. I was either on the plane or at the airport most of the day. The bad news about that, I had to miss the Sprint Cup Race that day.

We had a layover at Washington-Dulles Airport after we left Raleigh. When we got off of the plane in Dulles, i had a text from my aunt (who is also a Nascar fan!). I read the text and I started freaking out. The text said: "Joey Rolled his car, he is ok." So those were the two things i knew. I had no idea what had happened and even though I knew Joey was ok, I don't think I was. I sent my aunt a text back saying : "What?!?!?!?!?!?!" Once we got off the plane, i called my dad to see if he knew exactly what had happened. Here was our conversation:

Me- "What happened to Joey?!"
him- "I don't know but he isn't on the track."
Me- "Well I know why he isn't."
Him- "Why?"
Me- "All I know is that his car rolled."
Him- "I will try to figure it out."

After that, I had to get on the plane, worrying about Joey the whole time. When we landed in Denver, I had another text from my aunt and what this one said, freaked me out a lot more than the first one: "He rolled at least 8 times." This was my expression: =o

I called my dad when we were on our way to the baggage claim and he told me what had happened;

Everybody had started checking up going around a turn and Tony Stewart (who was behind Joey) didn't realize that they were checking up. Tony hit Joey from behind and Joey spun out into the grass. The trouble didn't end there. Joey went back out onto the track and into traffic. Reed Sorenson tried to slow down but was also getting hit from behind by Martin Truex Jr. and Robby Gordon. As soon as Reed Sorenson hit Joey, his roller coaster ride begun. And he just kept on going and going.

Click here to see the video of the crash.

"It just really scared the heck out of me... It started rolling, and I was in there thinking, 'Man, just make this thing stop.'"

That was the quote from the nineteen year old who said that he was fine but was just shaking from the accident.

I'm glad you're ok Joey!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment