Thursday, July 30, 2009

"Nerds"

I am sitting in my parent's room, doing random things on facebook and sports websites. My mom is in the chair next to me and my dad is in his office. They are both on the phone and doing things on the computer at the same time. This is normal for my family. As my dad would say, "we are a family of nerds." I do agree with that statement, usually.

The other night, me and my parents were outside sitting on the front porch. My dad was sitting in the chair with his laptop and was emailing people from work. My mom had her Ipod and was playing games and I was sitting in the chair with my laptop and doing random stuff as usual. My dad looked up (for a few seconds) an simply said, this is sad, we are a family of nerds. As we were all occupied by our electronics, people kept walking by or driving by and we just kept wondering why this night was so busy on our street. I thought that it was really funny.

Now, we are all doing the same thing that we were the other night except we are all inside, where no one else can think we are nerds as well. Hopefully we will all be off the computers soon and do something together. My dad said we were going to go to Texas Roadhouse but he never asked my mom so we will see if we actually get to go out for dinner. But for now, we are a family of nerds and I wouldn't change my family for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment