1) San Jose Sharks vs. 8) Colorado Avalanche
2) Chicago Blackhawks vs. 7) Nashville Predators
3) Vancouver Canucks vs. 6) Los Angeles Kings
4) Phoenix Coyotes vs. 4) detroit red wings
1) Washington Capitals vs. 8) Montreal Canadians
2) New Jersey Devils vs. 7) Philadelphia Flyers
3) Buffalo Sabres vs. 6) Boston Bruins
4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 5) Ottawa Senators
- Sharks vs. Avs- This one is a given! The series is tied at 1 and the next game is tomorrow!
- Hawks vs. Preds- I am going with the Hawks in this one! Nashville leads the series 1-0.
- Canucks vs. Kings- I am going with the Kings in this one! Vancouver leads the series 1-0.
- Coyotes vs. red wings- Do i really need to say it? The series is tied at 1.
- Caps vs. Habs- The Caps are my overall pick for the Eastern Conference! Montreal leads 1-0.
- Devils vs. Flyers- I don't care about either team. The series is tied at 1.
- Sabres vs. Bruins- I like both teams but going with the Sabres. The series is tied at 1.
- Pens vs. Senators- I am going with the Senators. The series is tied at 1.
Well those are my picks for the first round. Round 2 will be up when it starts! I am happy with how the playoffs have started. There have been a few very exciting games and a few underdogs that have won! I will be happy as long as the wings and Pens don't make it any farther than the first round! I have had enough of those two teams in the playoffs the last 2 years!
Out of the 27 players on the Avs' roster, 14 players have never been to the playoffs before. We are one of the youngest teams in the NHL so the veterans are stepping up the leadership during the playoffs! GO AVS!!!! :)