Saturday, May 2, 2009

May

May is a wonderful month in so many ways. In Colorado, May is when the weather starts to get warmer in preparation of summer. Warm weather means that the trees and flowers will still blooming and everything will be beautiful.

May is also wonderful because the school year ends in May. I usually like school but there is only so much waking up early I can take. The end of the school year is usually filled with excitement of summer but in high school, it's a different story. The end of the year in high school terms means finals. Whoohoo (NOT!!!)! School ends here on the 22nd of May and while the teachers get in any last minute lessons, we students start to worry about the finals that count for a pretty big portion of our grade (no pressure on the students or anything).

In hockey terms, May is awesome because it's the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The third round will also start later on in the month. 16 teams made it to the playoffs and I had a pick of which teams I wanted to win. out of the 8 series, 6 of the teams that made it to the second round were teams I wanted to win, 2 of them did not (Blues and Blue Jackets, which means that the red wings and canucks made it to the second round). As the playoffs continue, I start to think about the Stanley Cup and who is going to win it this year. I want the Blackhawks to win, but they need to get past round 2 first.

May is wonderful for so many more reasons but I am going to finish on one last note. May is also when Mother's day is. The second Sunday of May, everyone gets to celebrate why moms are also so awesome! Mother's day is in a week and I not only think about my mom, but I also think about Melissa and Amber who get to celebrate their first Mother's day as well.

O.K. one last thing! My birthday is in May!!!! WOOHOO!!!! LOl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment