Friday, June 12, 2009

Stanley Cup

The playoffs are finally over, the Stanley Cup was given out and the season is officially over. Does the season end with good news? Depends on how you look at it.

Heck yes the season ended with good news! The red wings did NOT win the Stanley Cup!!!!! WOOHOO!!! The Penguins won in game 7 2 to 1! The game was great and the Pens won it in detroit! How great is that? It's sad though because the wings were up 2-0 in the series and still lost! In my opinion, it is more funny than it is sad. Game 7 was such a great game and the wings almost sent the game to overtime in the last 10 seconds. I have to give them credit, it was a great game (except for the goalie is still not good enough to be named). With 10 seconds remaining in the third period, Fleury made about 4 saves, and not just good saves but saves that a normal person wouldn't be able to save. Fleury won the game for the Pens. Talbot did too since he did score the two goals for the pens. I wanted to scream so bad when the Pens won but I didn't since Audrey was sleeping.

The bad news, the season is over! That only means two things:
One- no more hockey to watch!!!! What am I supposed to do when there is no hockey!

This is how my life is. Hockey season is the best season and then, I get to wait for hockey season to start again (and people think I am obsessed with hockey! lol).
Two- Off-season is also the trading season. The coaches and general managers sit down and decide who to trade and who to get to make the team better. I know that it's just business, but this kind of business sucks. Especially when most likely they are going to trade your favorite player!

Anyway, I am so excited that the Penguins won the Cup! It was cool to see Sidney Crosby (Pens captain) hoist the cup because he is the youngest captain in NHL history to hoist it! It was really cool. And Malkin won the Conn Smythe Trophy for the best player this season. They just had an awesome season!

Well since the season is over and I don't get to see the Avs till September, I guess I will just have to sit back, relax and worry about who is going to get traded :(

No comments:

Post a Comment