Monday, June 29, 2009

Starting to make me mad...

As the free agency for hockey starts on Wednesday, rumors about who's going where are shooting out like crazy. On the NHL website, they made a list of the top 50 free agents this summer.

Click here to see the article.

I agree with the top 50 list. Two Avs player's are on the list, they are Joe Sakic and Ian Laperriere. As I read about what they thought about Joe and Ian, I started getting soo mad. They said about the same thing for both players. They said that Ian and Joe were too good of players to stay with the Avs because the Avs are "rebuilding" as a team so they need to go to places where they can actually win. What the heck? If Joe stays one more season, the Avs aren't going to trade him for anything in the world. I know the stupid Canucks are trying to get Joe but it's not going to happen. According to everyone, Ian is already as good as gone but I don't think the Avs would trade him either. They both have helped the Avs soo much and the Avs wouldn't get rid of them.

I know the Avs didn't do good at all last season but why does everyone keep saying that they are "rebuilding" because they haven't done good the last few seasons? One season that they didn't do good and everyone counts them out for everything. And saying that our best players aren't going to stay with the Avs because the Avs aren't good enough for them, that is just plain rude and stupid.

At least the Avs fans stick with their team through the good and the bad. Unlike other teams (red wings) whose fans only love them because they win!!!

Before the season ended for the Avs, I read somewhere that some guy from Canada would love to buy the Avs and move them to Canada. Ok, not going to happen! One: the avs aren't going bankrupt so there is no reason to move them. Two: they did bad one season! Not a good enough reason to move them! And three: they would have to go through one angry fan to move the team. Can you guess which fan that is?

I brought that up because I was thinking about the Phoenix Coyotes who are going bankrupt and might get moved to Canada. It's sad and if that happened to the Avs I would die. I kinda like the Coyotes too and I don't want them to move. It would be a sad day in the NHL if that happened.

Oh and just another thing, according to Adrian Dater (sports writer in Denver), he met with the Avs new GM and Sherman said that the Avs staff knows Joe's answer about next season. If they know, why can't they tell us?!?! I would love to know if joe is staying or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment