Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The simple things in life...

It always amazes me how the littlest things can make such a huge difference in someone's life. Whether it is a person, or a gift, or even just a smile, little things can make someones horrible day into an awesome day. In my life, many things make me happy no matter what i am sad about or mad about. I laugh randomley all the time just because i found something really random that made me laugh. One example for me is in gym. We are now playing lacrosse (which i suck at!) and i laugh all the time at it. Most of the kids in my gym class aren't good at lacrosse but we still have fun and are able to laugh everytime we dont catch the ball or if we dont throw it right or far enough.

Things like a game of lacrosse with your friends are fun and can make a difference in how the rest of your day goes. But then there are people that can make a huge impact on your day. When i lived in Virginia, my next door neighbor was a two year old (at the time, anyway). After a few weeks of living there, this blue eyed, brown haired little girl was able to change my life and the rest of a hard day. Every day when i got home from school, this little girl was waiting for me out on her driveway, with a huge smile on her face. Everytime i saw her, I was able to smile and forget about problems i had going on.

In my opinion, being happy can mean getting a good grade in a class that you usually aren't good at, seeing someone you love, and getting a smile or even a hello from someone. When you show to people that you are happy and you show them your smile, you could brighten their day and give them the friendly attitude that they need to see that the simple things in life are much more important than the huge things. I smile everyday when i just see the mountains and my friends, it doesnt matter to me whether i am upset or mad, cause i know that a great day is coming, no matter what!

2 comments: