Friday, April 3, 2009

Snow

As most of you already know, it snows a lot in Colorado. Some winters get more than others. Such as this winter, we didn't get that many snow falls. I have lived most of my life in Colorado, and one of the things i learned about Colorado is that the weather is so unpredictable. The other day, it was sun shine in the morning and then snowing later on in the after noon. It is such weird weather. But of course i am weird so I fit in here.

This winter though, we had a couple of snow falls but only a little bit of snow. I had one snow day this year when i usually get several a year. We also got two or three delays but never enough snow for days off. It is now spring in Colorado (I think) and we have had more snow this spring so far than we did the whole winter. Over spring break, there was a blizzard and it snowed on Wednesday and more snow is coming tomorrow. Of course, the snow is coming on a weekend like it seemed to do a lot this year (which is also why we haven't had a lot of snow days).

Snow seems like almost a year round thing in Colorado. It snowed on my birthday in May once and there were flurries on my sister's birthday in June. After you have lived here long enough, you learn that you always need to be prepared cause you never know when the snow will come. Although i do love the snow and the cold, i am not a huge fan on the ice. I hate driving on ice, (well who does?) but i hate being in a car when it is icy. It freaks me out. That is the only bad thing about Colorado. I love the snow, the mountains, the hockey team, the cities, i love so many things about Colorado but the ice, i think, needs to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment