Tuesday, April 7, 2009

playoffs

As most of you know already, my favorite sport is hockey and it has been for almost nine years now. The playoffs for the 08-09 season start in a week and my favorite team, the Colorado Avalanche are not going to make the playoffs for the second time since they became a team in 1995. The first time they didn't, they missed it by one point. This season is a whole new story, one that the Avs have never had to deal with before. With four games left in the season, the Avs are sitting in last in the western conference. Out of the fifteen teams in the western conference, the Avs are dead last.

The Avs are doing the worst they have ever done since moving to Denver from Quebec. The seasons record defiantly shows with how many fans are actually show up to Pepsi Center for each home game. I try to to go to every game i can. Me and my family used to have season tickets but this season we decided (well my parents did) that we didn't need season tickets. I think that's the reason that the Avs didn't make the playoffs.

Well since the Avs aren't going to be in the playoffs, i am starting to decide who to cheer for. I think, after a few weeks of trying to figure it out, i have finally decided who to cheer for her. I want the Carolina Hurricanes and the Chicago Blackhawks to make it to the Stanley Cup Playoffs. But as long as the red wings don't make it very far, i will be happy.

I am excited for the playoffs to start but also nervous at the same time. After the playoffs are over, that means that a lot of my favorite players become free agents. Hopefully none of my favorite players get traded but playoffs aren't starting for a week, so i am safe until June 1st. Go Canes and Hawks!!!! Love you Avs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment