Monday, April 6, 2009

Shakespeare

In English at school, we had to do the Shakespeare festival. That's when everyone in my grade picks one of Shakespeare's books, picks a scene and a group, and then memorize the lines and then act it out in front of a few classes. It does sound like a lot of fun, but for me it wasn't. I hate being in front of people, especially when its a 400 point grade (not like there is any pressure on us or anything). When i am in front of a lot of people, i start talking really fast and once i see everyone staring at me, i freeze up. Luckily, a lot of people were nervous. My group did really awesome after we performed earlier today. None of my group members forgot their lines and since we were first, we got it over with really fast. We were only up there for about 5 or 6 minutes, so it was pretty easy.

I actually had fun doing the Shakespeare festival. After we started and got going, and remembered to breathe, we had fun doing it. We also had fun watching all of the other groups perform their scenes as well. I am slowly getting used to speaking in front of people so hopefully, soon i won't be nervous at all.

Even though i did have fun doing the Shakespeare Festival, i am glad it's over. I haven't gotten my grade back yet but i think me and my group did really good. Plus it helps when you have really supportive friends that are there with you every step of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment